June 12, 2014

Mickey Mouse Birthday Card


Hello! I thought I'd pop in tonight and share what always turns out to be my favourite card of the year - Jackson's birthday card! We had a fabulous weekend with his grandparents flying in, and a Mickey party to celebrate. I can't believe this little dude is two!



The current Recipe Swap at Catered Crop is Manly Men



Father's Day isn't until September here in NZ, so I'm focusing on the card for my little man! 


Looking through my substanial paper stash, I relised just how little paper I had featuring primary colors - this is an old Pink Paislee collection, Hometown Summer. 

I printed a giant "2" on paper (Font is Minnie, size was 300pt) and used it as a template to cut black and red cardstock. I added punched circle ears and some sponging. The sentiment is from Sentiment Sampler by Paper Smooches. I embellished with some glittery stars cut with Verve's Starry Die.

Here's a peek inside the card...


Shanan and I like to write letters to Jackson each year, so his birthday cards always feature a pocket. I added more stars and some stitched detail.

I'll be sure to share lots of party photos just as soon as I finish downloading all the photos! Till then, I hope you'll join us at Catered Crop!

11 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful and gorgeous card, Sarah, lovely idea!!!!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet son!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sarah and happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! this is fantastic Sarah!! happy Birthday to your little guy:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! this is fantastic Sarah!! happy Birthday to your little guy:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Sarah! Happy Birthday Jackson! :)-Jen Naus

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are so mind blowingly awesome!! i love the pocket/letter idea. It makes my heart sad that I didn't do that…Jackson is such a lucky boy to have a mama like you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. How brilliant are you!!! I love Disney too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 2 is sooo cool!!! Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's adorable!! Clever card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Little Dude! Your card is amazing and what a sweet idea to write a note each year. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!