May 14, 2013

Release Rewind! Down on the Farm!



Hello! Today I have a couple of cards to share for this month's release rewind from My Favorite Things, where the design team get the chance to showcase amazing products we might not have had a chance to really explore during teaser time.

There were so many amazing new goodies in the May release - available here now. I'm down on the farm today, using chicken wire, farm animals and stencils!

You'll find all the designers with projects to share on the MFT Blog today.

My first card today uses Life's Direction and the fab new Chicken Wire Die-namics.

For this card, I stamped the images then overlaid the Mini Chicken Wire Stencil and lightly sponged with Kraft ink. I love the way you can easily direct the colour when using a sponge, it was really easy not to sponge overtop the image.  I've also used the new Farm Fence.


The flower from Blueprints 3 was stamped with the chicken wire stamp from Distressed Background Blocks. The sentiment was stamped on a sign from Howdy Frames.

Here's the inside of my card...

For the inside, I sponged a design again, stamping the sentiment directly on the card base, and trimming out the rooster so he's popped up on foam tape.

My second card today uses the new PI Farmer Girl and the wonderful Blueprints 3. I've used one of the sketches you can find on the MFT Blog.
I've also used the stenciled background on this card. I coloured the girl with copics, trimming her out and adhering her over the stamped hay image, I lightly shaded the hay with an E30 copic marker.  I've used the woodgrain image from Western Backgrounds on this card as well, and repeated the flower treatment.


Here's the inside of this card...
I really love the chicken wire sponged in kraft on kraft cardstock, it looks so cool! I stamped just the outline images of the PI and chicken and added more pieces from Blueprints 3 to finish off the inside of this card.

Head on over to the MFT Blog to see what the design team has come up with today, it's sure to be amazing!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:





  
Follow Your Heart Card:
Stamps: Life's Direction, Western Backgrounds (MFT Stamps) Paper: Electric Red, Kraft, Steel Blue, Hot Fudge, Smooth White (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Hot Fudge, Kraft, Electric Red, Steel Blue (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 3, Rounded Banner STAX, Farm Fence, Chicken Wire (MFT Stamps) Other: Mini Chicken Wire Stencil, Steel Blue Buttons, Hemp Twine, Brads

Hay There Card:
Stamps: PI Farmer Girl, Western Backgrounds (MFT Stamps) (MFT StampsPaper: Electric Red, Kraft, Steel Blue, Hot Fudge, Smooth White (MFT CardstockInk: Premium Dye Ink in Hot Fudge, Kraft, Electric Red, Steel Blue (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 3 (MFT StampsOther: Mini Chicken Wire Stencil, Steel Blue Buttons, Hemp Twine, Brads

5 comments:

  1. These are absolutely fabulous Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the stencil sponging and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are both gorgeous, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects rock Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!