March 10, 2013

Nicest Thoughts


Hi friends, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I made a card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge, you can find all the details in the sketch thread here on SCS. I had so much fun with this one, I love those little banners!

I've used the Nicest Thoughts plain jane for my sentiment. The layered flower is from Sunny Days and the blue panel is stamped with the background from Grateful Elegance. All the panels are sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and I added some machine stitching, pearls and embossing on a layered panel for texture. I also cut the Pennant Trim banner twice and added a second layer behind each one, I love the subtle detail this gives!



Inside my card I used the Scroll plain jane and die and stamped a sentiment from the Grateful Elegance set. 

Have a great day! I know our little family will be out enjoying a wonderful Sunday walk along the waterfront. 

Stamps: Nicest Thoughts and Scroll Plain Janes, Grateful Elegance, Sunny Days (Verve StampsPaper: Lost and Found - Market ST (MME) Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Pennant Trim, Scroll (Verve Stamps) Other: Twine, Pearls, Brad, Embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch!! Love the flower and the stitching as well as the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous, Sarah! Love that little scroll on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!