March 26, 2013

Creative Challenge - Colour Combinations!


Welcome! Today the MFT team are showing projects for our monthly Creative Challenge - this month's theme is Colour Combos using MFT Replenishments!


I have two projects and colour combinations to share with you today, one bright and fun and one perfect for vintage or masculine cards.


My first combination is Blu Raspberry, Orange Fizz, Sour Apple and Sweet Tooth.

My first card uses the sweet new Doodle Garden Party Time stamp set, as well as the Blueprints 1 Die-namics. I have a new favourite colour combo for hair that I tried out for the first time on this card - E08, E15, E18.


I added white gel pen to her dress for a whimsical feel and also used my pen for some faux stitching. I hand cut a mat around the large scalloped base layer.


There is no patterned paper on this card! The herringbone is from Spring Backgrounds and the dots are from Darling Dots. I love being able to have amazing patterns in JUST the colour I need!

Inside my card I did some tone on tone stamping and also shadow stamped the Doodle Garden image - these look just as fantastic uncoloured!


My second card uses one of my favourite stamp sets from the latest release - Pretty Poppies.

 

There is room for plenty of drama with these colours!


My colour combo this time is Whip Cream, Natural (or Kraft), Electric Red and Black Licorice.

This card started with the poppies stamped in Electric Red, then masked so I could overlay the text image from the set in Kraft Ink. I also added a light halo of sponged kraft around the poppies before removing the mask. The image was trimmed so one poppy is popping out of the box. Some piercing around the edges finishes off this panel.


I've used a black embossed panel for lots of drama. I cut out a recess that my button fits in perfectly and finished the card with some hemp twine and black rhinestones. I love putting a little sparkle on a black background like this - it's an unexpected detail that adds a lot of texture.

Inside my card I ripped a mask from scrap paper and stamped the text image again after masking off the poppy. Sponging around the edge of the circle creates a highlight effect for the gorgoeus flower. I finished off with my favourite sentiment from the set.

Do you have a favourite colour combo using MFT replenishments? I would LOVE to know what it is so I can try it too! Also, be sure to stop by the MFT blog and see all the lovely creations the team have for you today.

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:


  
Doodle Garden Party Time Card:
Stamps: Doodle Garden Party Time, Spring Backgrounds, Darling Dots (MFT Stamps) Paper: Blu Raspberry, Sweet Tooth, Sour Apple, Orange Fizz (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Sour Apple, Blu Raspberry (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 1, Grassy Edges (MFT Stamps) Other:  MFT Ribbon - Orange Fizz; Twine(MFT Stamps) Copic Markers, Embossing Folder, Rhinestones, White Gel Pen

 Pretty Poppies Card:
Stamps: Pretty Poppies (MFT Stamps) Paper: Whip Cream, Natural, Electric Red, Black Licorice (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Kraft, Electric Red, Gumdrop Green (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Circle STAX (MFT Stamps) Other: Hemp Twine, Rhinestones, Embossing Folder


7 comments:

  1. These are both fantastic. Love the copic colouring you have done on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! love your Doodle Garden card! sooo bright and pretty!!! love the white gel pen details! and the second card is one of my FAVE combos, too. I used it today, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how you can go from so bright and fun to simply elegant. Both of them are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are both really pretty cards Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike on that first colour combo!! Your cards and colour choices are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!