February 28, 2013

WSC 113 - Happy Birthday


Hi everyone - it's time for another wonderful sketch from MFT!

Today I've used Doodle Garden - Sweet Friend and created a background using masking and sponging. The sentiments and flourishes are from Finishing Flourishes.

First I stamped and coloured the image with copics. I then created a mask and overstamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Finishing Flourishes repeatedly. I left the mask on, and cut the image with a Circle STAX, sponging the edges before removing the Die-namics. Lastly I stamped one of the flourish images and removed the mask.


I used the Notched Tag Die-namics and covered the heart in Xmas Red stickles.

The edges of my patterned paper are also sponged with Kraft ink and I faux stitched with a white gel pen.

Inside the card I've repeated some of the stamped elements and created a sentiment panel.

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:


 
   
     
   
   


Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC113. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!

 Stamps: Doodle Garden - Sweet Friend (MFT Stamps) Paper: Pretty Party (Crate Paper) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Kraft (MFT Stamps) Memento Black, Versamagic Jumbo Java  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Circle STAX, Notched Tag (MFT Stamps) Other: Jumbo Brads, Seam Binding, White Gel Pen, Copic Markers

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love the background around her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous, love the red and your colouring is fantasic

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I LOVE this it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE the fun look with the masked sentiments!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!