February 19, 2013

Creative Challenge - Clean and Simple

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. 


This month, we were challenged to create fresh and clean projects - without the use of any pattern paper.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 
**********

Both my cards today use Die-namics and companion stamp sets - I think these co-ordinating sets make for great clean and simple cards! My first card is a girly one, using Sew Nifty. I wrapped crochet thread around the die cut bobbin and added the thimble, which is covered with glaze pen, and the little heart pin. The pin was originally pink and I coloured it red with a copic marker.


The sentiment is stamped in Wild Cherry ink and I used a white gel pen to faux stitch around the scalloped border.


I kept the inside of the card cohesive by using the same Seeing Spots embossing folder and scalloped border treatment.


For my second card I went for a bright, somewhat masculine feel.

I stamped the sentiment from At The Movies onto the card base, along with the countdown numbers. I've popped the film frame up on foam tape, and added some details with these cute Die-namics accents.


Love those!


For the inside of the card I stamped another sentiment, and also the numbers, going off the side of the card base. I added the Film Reel Die-namic and that cute little camera!


Thanks for visiting, I hope you're inspired to try some clean and simple design with your MFT!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:



   

   
     
   
   

 Stamps: Sew Nifty, At The Movies (MFT Stamps) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Kraft, Wild Cherry, Lemon Drop (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Sew Nifty, At The Movies, Simply Scallops Medium (MFT Stamps) Other: Copic Marker, Crochet Thread, Heart Pin, White Gel Pen

5 comments:

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!