February 5, 2013

Clean and Simple New Product Tour!


Welcome! It's that awesome time again - the new release My Favorite Things products are live and available for you to see RIGHT HERE!




Before you go shop till you drop, it's time for the New Product Tour! Remember, you can win a $50 voucher by leaving a comment on all the designer blogs today!


Today my projects are all inspired by the Clean and Simple online cardmaking class I've been taking.

I love clean and simple design, and it's been so wonderful to look at this release from that standpoint. I have four projects to share, so let's jump in!

My first card uses the Button Border and Embellished Eggs stamp set. I used real buttons on the Button Border, threading through with Hemp. I followed ROYGBIV rules - stamping the egg in Grape Jelly to finish the rainbow.


MFT buttons have such a great assortment of sizes and types - it's so fun to find the perfect one for each spot on the border!


Inside the card I've used the small flower from Embellished Eggs. I love the combination of fonts in this set!


For my second card, I've also gone with a rainbow effect, utilising the amazing graphic stamps in Right This Way.

I stamped the arrows in MFT inks, Wild Cherry, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Sno Cone and Grape Jelly. They all work so well together! The arrow and sentiment were stamped with Black Licorice  I used a corner rounder on the bottom corners to juxtapose against all the sharp edges in the stamped design.


Inside my card is another sentiment from You Make My Day. I also added a small felt heart using the Hearts a Plenty Die-namics.


For my second set of projects, I used Die-namics to create my design rather than stamping. I also used a gradient colour scheme by pulling out paper scraps in shades of yellow-green.

For this card I created a hexagon patchwork flower, inspired by quilting. The new Hexagon STAX are awesome for this! I stitched around all the edges with a black pen and cut a window in the center of the flower. I've stamped a sentiment from You Make My Day inside the flower and popped up the whole thing with foam dots.


I like to keep the insides of the cards nice and clean too - here I've just used a strip of patterned paper with the same stitching and another sentiment.


I wanted a little gift box to go with this card. I used the Cone Treat Box - I LOVE this Die-namic!

I cut the box once with Sweet Tooth cardstock, then again with a couple of the papers I used on the card. I stitched all the sides, and adhered them to the box. On the front I created a focal point using the Open Hexagon Borders and Hexagon STAX.


Some taffeta ribbon finishes off this little box. To close, I've shut the flaps in on each other.

Don't forget to drop by Kim's Blog for the full list of designers with amazing projects to share today!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:



 
Stamps: You Make My Day, Embellished Eggs, Right This Way (MFT Stamps) Paper: Scraps Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Wild Cherry, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Sno Cone and Grape Jelly  (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Hexagon STAX, Easter Elements, Open Hexagon Borders, Cone Treat Box (MFT Stamps) Other: MFT Felt - Wild Cherry; Hemp (MFT Stamps)

40 comments:

  1. What fun color combinations on your CAS cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS cards. Love the way you did the hexagon one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty CAS cards and the little treat box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful - your hexagons look fabulous! Is everyone taking this CAS class!!! It's obviously working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and clean yet so amazing! Love each card and treat box. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cheery cards. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your CAS cards stand out because of the colors you useful. Love the button border and your hexagon shape! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so bright and cheery, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, happy, colorful cards...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo! LOVe how you did that cone box!! and your cards are gorgeous. great work with the CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love that button border, and all the bright colors on your pretty, CAS card! The others are wonderful, too!
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects! I love all the different designs and ways you used the dies. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great projects, terrific clean and simple cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the colours pop against the white. Wonderful array of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the bright cheerful colors! Can't wait to get my hands on some of these new products , they rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the simple and clean lines of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! You are inspiring me to start a clean and simple class. Love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the card with the row of buttons! You are nailing your homework for this class!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects. Love the colorful buttons on the black background row.

    Thanks for sharing all these wonderful cards in the past few days, such great inspiration and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful clean and stunning cards and the little treat cone is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your CAS cards are lovely; I can't pick a fave

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors you use really add to your CAS style. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You Go Girl! You Rocked These projects. Love, Love, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are fabulous! that CAS class has paid off, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your projects! I am loving the CAS look lately and I've always liked rainbow colors so your projects are right up my alley! So many items on my wish list this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  26. so clean and crisp - such wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cant wait till next month already

    ReplyDelete
  28. happiness=your amazing inspo & creations! LOVE THESE!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Delightful CAS cards! Love your bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You must have gotten an "A"! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. all your cards just made me smile. i love that button border die!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!