June 6, 2012

New Product Tour - à la modes - Go for Gold


It's time! All the wonderful products you've been drooling over are available now right HERE at My Favorite Things! 

Thanks for stopping by for my New Product Tour post - did you know you can win a $50 gift certificate to My Favorite Things just by leaving a comment on this blog post and the posts of all the designers? You have to be in to win this awesome prize!

Today I'm bringing you a little set I made with the newest à la mode girl - Go for Gold! I'm really looking forward to the Olympics this year. I know I'll be spending a LOT of time nursing, so it will be nice to have something to watch while bubs and I are curled up in our jammies in front of the fire!
Here's the set I created...



I've filled a little gift box with some candies as a sweet TV munchie treat. I've used lots of our new STAX die-namics on this set.




I started with a large 5x5" card base. My base layout is a simple grid made with the new Square STAX, and I embellished with lots of Die-namics for interest. I've used some great MFT cardstock in Kraft, Sno Cone and Sweet Tooth.



I coloured my girl with Copics that matched the papers I was using. I cut her out with a white border, and popped her up on foam on a Jumbo Banner Day STAX layer.



To anchor my sentiment, I used the new Star STAX and tied on a button with some Cantaloupe Twine. The sentiment is stamped on a flag from the First Place Award Ribbon set. 




Inside my card I've repeated the patterned paper and re-imagined my sentiment from the front, using the Star STAX again. How adorable is that tiny star?!


I started with a die cut box for my little treat, adding details with Die-namics to make it special.


The clear plastic middle of the STAX die-namics make them perfect for cutting windows. I like to just stick the die on my project using a glue dot right in the middle of the die so you can see and control exactly where it will cut. Here I've used the Star STAX again to tie my box in with the card.


Don't forget to head on over to Kim's Blog and visit with the other designers, leaving comments along the way for a shot at that $50 voucher!

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:
 Thanks for stopping by!  
Stamps: à la modes - Go for Gold (MFT Stamps) Paper: Summers End (Fancy Pants) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)  Dies: Star STAX, Square STAX, First Place Award Ribbon, Jumbo Banner Day STAX Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Milk Carton Box (Sizzix) Other: Twine (MFT Stamps) Buttons, Piercing Tool, Copic Markers

35 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sarah! Love that box with the star cutout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box and star cut out. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love how you used the banner die and star cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute to put her on the pennant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the pennents and the great die star cut out box, these are both so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many dies and a wonderful outcome, love the jumbo banner, fabulous box

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really nice! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the banner on your card with the button detail! I love everything in this release and it was so hard picking what to order tonight and sticking to my budget! Thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous little box Sarah.Love the star detail.Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this set. Great idea to make the box with the cut out on it. I have to give that a try. Love how you put together your card and love the colors! ksh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects, love that star cut-out detail on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW What a fun card - love the colours. The box is wonderful, I must try to do a cut out something like that. Thanks so much for the ideas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. super sweet treat box...lovely ensemble, I too can't wait to watch the summer Olympics

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness! You carried out a timely theme for the whole project to perfection. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to use the pennant die. Love those colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute set! Love the box and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Sarah you have created a masterpiece! Love the colours you used and the deisgn is awesome! Great job!

    Higs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute!!!! What a beautiful treat box! The card is too cute!!! I just love the banner and the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gourgeous project! Absolutely love this ALM girl.... You've coloured het beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pendant tag for your card and what a wonderful idea of using the star for a window.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card & box! Love the dies you used and the paper! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. she looks great, love the banner behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card speaks to me as I am a runner. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a sweet set. Love your coloring and all the fabulous dies you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the layers to your card! Great milk carton treat box!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your Olympic card ...it is getting me excited about the Olympics too! Cute box too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVELY Card!! I LOVE all of the little details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your card and gift box, Sarah!! Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the color combo and mini milk carton!!! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card and the matching box is very cute. Good luck for the coming months ahead with both your birth and your new baby boy! I am in no doubt that you will be making some very gorgeous thank you cards in the upcoming months, when you get time of course ;) and I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a great set. Love the box and how you have brought everything together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!