January 6, 2012

Year in Review


I thought I'd do something a little different today and go through 2011, sharing my favourite projects. This might take awhile to load, I have lots of photos to share!

Personally, 2011 was awesome! My word for the year was Change...and change I did! I set a dream goal of becoming a MFT designer, and was so overjoyed to join the team mid-way through the year. I had a layout published - fun! I went back to study for a couple of semesters, and highly enjoyed it. I met some personal goals that I had...and best of all, a few weeks after my birthday, Shanan and I learned we are expecting our first child! While the first few months were hard, I'm so excited to be almost halfway and we'll soon find out if our little peanut is a boy or a girl!

I think my word this year HAS to be Family. I can't tell you how much it means to us to be starting ours. The only thing I ever knew for sure was that I wanted to have children with Shanan and I needed to be a mother. We've waited a long time, and the time is right! 2012 is going to be amazing! 

Onto stamping...It's no surprise that My Favorite Things features heavily in my crafting round-up for the year, over time I've stopped using all my old supplies, MFT just have everything I need! Die-namics were my crafty revolution this year - my stash is almost complete and my dusty old punches are finding new homes. I can get multiple Die-namics for the price of one punch and save so much room on storage, yippee! I was also lucky enough to guest design for Verve in 2011, it was a creative year!

So here we go - some of my fave projects from the past year!

January - Pretty Pastels. I started the year still colouring with SU Markers - I was so slow to jump on the Copic train! I couldn't do without them now though. Featuring PI - Better Get Better.


February - Great Teacher. I was lucky enough to win this set at a MFT release party. Who's That Girl was the stamp line that originally drew me to MFT years ago, I still love those headless girls! Featuring Teacher's Pet.


March - With Gratitude. I think these Stella and Rose papers from MME might just be my favourite ever. I still love looking at them. It was a gorgeous range! Featuring Li'l Pumpkin.


April - Flopsey Fishing. This was the month I got to guest design at MFT - such a dream come true! I still have this card above my desk to remind me every day how excited I was to design alongside this fabulous group of ladies. Featuring Flopsey Fishing.


May - Shoot for the Moon. I just love red and aqua together and remember having a blast making this card. The circle panel is woven from strips of paper. Featuring Clearly Sentimental about Success.





June - Rock my World. June was a quiet month on the blog. Behind the scenes I was busy getting ready to join the MFT team in July! This card featured on my announcement post. Featuring You Are Unrepeatable.


July - Ticket to the Moulin Rouge. This is definitely my favourite card from my first month at MFT. I can't decide if I like the front of the inside better! Featuring Just the Ticket.


August. I can't show you my favourite thing I made in August as it's currently featured in NZ Paper Chase magazine....but there's a teaser for you! I promise I'll share when I can!


September - Talk Nerdy to Me. September started with my birthday and ended with finding out I was pregnant, what a great month! I also began to feel like my Copic colouring was much better than when I started. The key is practice! Featuring Talk Nerdy to Me.


October - Contempo Cage Tent Card. I had such fun making this card! These might be my second fave papers for the year. There's a video for this one here. Featuring Contempo Cage.


November - Vintage! I don't make vintage cards often, but they are so fun. All that sponging and distressing! Here I've also used crackle paint. Featuring Vintage Cameo.


December - Jump for Joy! The cherries on this flip top card just make me happy! Featuring PI Jump for Joy.

Whew, 2011 was busy! The year seems to go by so fast, and I'm hoping the next few months speed by so we can meet our beautiful baby!

Thank you SO much for stopping by to see what I've been creating and for all your lovely comments. They all make me so happy and it's so rewarding sharing the things I love with you all!

 Thanks for stopping by!  

6 comments:

  1. What a great year for you, Sarah! Your cards are all wonderful, and I'm glad that your pregnancy is going well! Best wishes for a wonderful 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabulous TFS, you make awesome cards. i want to learn copics this year, hopefully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so amazing, great to see the cards that you especially love. Sounds like you have so much more to come in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - what a wonderful year it was for you! Many congratulations again on all of your wonderful achievements!!

    Love looking at all of your creations!!

    HUGS!
    Meredith
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I'm so excited for you! I hope that the pregnancy has gotten easier and you are feeling GREAT!!!

    Was excited to see you become an MFT girl and sad that I had to step down. Bummer.

    All of your cards are amazing and I enjoy visiting you daily to see what you have to share!
    Congrats on the magazine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing year Sarah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!