July 14, 2010

Explosion Box













Today I thought I'd share an Explosion Box I made for Project Tuesday last month but unfortunately didn't get photographed before I got the flu. There was lots of stamping in this one - no designer paper at all and it's a Stampin' Up! only project.

First, here's the stamped background card I came up with...

I've used the Medallion stamp & Itty Bitty Backgrounds as well as some sponging. The colour combo for this project was Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede and Baja Breeze.

Here's my box all folded up and decorated. I love the way these colours look together.

These wee boxes are great, they're like packaging and a card all in one. I'll definitely be replicating that background again in different colours, sometimes it's fun to focus on the special effects you can achieve using just ink.



Stamps: Medallion, Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper & Card:
Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze
Ink:
Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze
Punches:
Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Oval, Eyelet Border
Other:
Soft Suede Ribbon, Sponge Daubers

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! The colors are amazing and the inside is super cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fantastic! I love the way the medallions appear to be 3-D!---you really fooled me! Good idea to use the long-forgotten "True Friend" stamp set, too! I think I'm going to CASE this one...thanks SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah it hasn't taken you long to find your mojo again! This box is stunning. I love EVERYTHING about it! Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!