June 6, 2010

OCC: Summer Inspiration










Oops! I'm a little late blogging my sample for this week's OCC challenge - it's a long weekend here in NZ, and Shan and I have been relaxing to the max - we caught a basketball game on Friday, went to dinner and did a little shopping today and in between enjoyed lots of snuggly DVD time - heaven!

The theme this week is what Summer means to you. Summer seems a long way off here at the moment - but I love this topiary image, it always seems summery to me, and I definitely miss the sunshine!

I watercoloured the image and added glitter glue paint to the hearts before trimming it, layering on black card and cutting it out again. The quilt image was stamped in So Saffron, Bashful Blue & Certainly Celery before cutting with nestabilities.

I've repeated the super simple layout on the inside of the card and used an offcut of the stamped background to bring it all together.

Head on over to Our Creative Corner - the team has some wonderful samples for you this week! I'll try and get a new project posted tomorrow in between all the lazying about! :-)




Paper & Card: Basic Black, Whisper White. So Saffron DP.
Ink:
Regal Rose, So Saffron, Bashful Blue & Certainly Celery
Other: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds


Stamps: Inky Antics
Other: Circle Nestabilities

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! Love that topiary tree stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah..happy weekend!!! This is a fun summer card!!! The little heart tree is sweet and the sentiment is so perfect for the theme!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Sarah! That is such a lovely stamp and very cool the way you outlined it in black and trimmed it out again. That quilt stamp is wonderful also. Thanks for doing such a great job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sarah, LOVE the fun patches in the background and what a fun tree stamp!!

    Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors - what a great image! I'd forgotten you aren't having summer right now. My sympathies! ;) Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Summer too! What a gorgeous image ... and super colours! And .. of course ... the glitter glue paint is very pretty! Hugs Andreaxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!