April 10, 2010

You're the Best Thing...

This morning I thought I'd share the anniversary card I made this week.

I LOVE making cards for Shanan. Obviously because I love him, but also because they don't have to be posted and I can go to town with embellishments and size! This is a large card - 5.5" square. I used a 6" Chocolate Chip Envelope for it - these come with the Carousal Notes you can buy from SU!

I took my colour cues from that envelope and the paper I wanted to use - so my combo was Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red & White.

This card started with that colour combo - and the tic-tac-toe image from A Happy Heart that I hadn't inked previously and wanted to use. I inked it up with the pink first, then coloured over certain elements with a marker. I cut it out with nesties, then the rest of the elements just came together.

The b-b-b-beautiful Verve sentiment was just calling to go on a little flag, something I've noticed myself doing fairly frequently lately. I curved the flag around a marker to make it pop a little. The primas are from a pack called Sweetheart that I have been hoarding for...oh...two years because they are just SO pretty! Being our fourth anniversary this one was all about flowers though - so I knew I'd include some on the card.

No photo of the inside, but I used Happy Thoughts by Verve to stamp "Happy Anniversary" and carried over some of that gorgeous Candy Lane paper that I love.

Have a wonderful weekend!


Stamps: A Happy Heart
Paper & Card: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White Card
Candy Lane DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Other: Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Write Markers, 1/2" Circle Punch, Circle Scissor Plus, Dimensionals
E-mail me to purchase.

Stamps: All About You & Happy Thoughts - Verve
Other: Sweetheart Flowers - Prima, Brads - Basic Grey, Square Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. Sarah this is a beautiful Anniversary card and idea!!! Love the fun layout and the sweet SU Set you used!!! The flowers and the ribbon are a fab addition!!! I bet he loved this card too!?!?

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another treat for Shanan! You are spoiling him. Love that lucious satin ribbon! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love it! The ribbons, the flowers and that sweet, sweet tic-tac-toe image. Gorgeous work, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!