April 26, 2010

Warm Wishes....in April

Yippee - my mojo is back! I definitely felt like spending some time in the stamp room yesterday, and had a LOT of fun combining a bunch of techniques on this card.

Every year I intend to stamp a bunch of unique Christmas cards well before the season - and do you think that's ever happened? Yesterday I was looking through my MFT stamps and found three Stephanie Fizer sets I've had foreverrrrr that hadn't seen ink! Horror! I have a LOT of Christmas stamps like that (love buying them, always run out of time to use them!) So I think I'll start pulling them out from time to time - expect to see some unseasonal inspiration around here!

This card is based on this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch, which I fell in love with right away. I love long cards. I've used my favourite Christmas paper of all time - Ski Slope (it's great for more than just Christmas, love that!)

I used a variety of techniques on the snowmen. The background is paper pieced - I love doing this rather than paper piecing clothes or other elements. The colouring was done with inkpads. I've added Stickles to the stars, and though you can't see it, the snowmen are all shimmery from a glitter pen. I fluffed up the trim on their hats and ear muffs with Liquid Applique - my fav Christmas card embellishment.

When I finished paper piecing the background, I was left with the snowmen all prettily cut out (this only took five minutes, I SWEAR - good scissors are a must!) I couldn't throw it out and used it on the inside of the card along with a sentiment from the new Teeny Tiny Sentiments set.


Stamps:
Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Paper & Card: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze & Kiwi Kiss card
Ski Slope DP
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze & Kiwi Kiss
Other: White Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Stampin' Write Markers
E-mail me to purchase.

Stamps:
A Scarf for Three - MFT Stamps
Other:Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Liquid Applique in White, Yellow Stickles, Glitter Marker - American Crafts

5 comments:

  1. awwww that is so cute, love how you added texture on the snowmen. Cute colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so adorable!!! I love your card!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW this is too cute Sarah!!! Love the fluffy stuff on the hats!!! Awesome coloring too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! Your card turned out so adorable and LOVE how you used the CPS Sketch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen a few Chrissy Cards popping up on blogs!!! So ... you are not alone, Sarah! (I even have a CAS one from last year that I haven't got around to posting! Perhaps I will do that one soon? :wink: ) I am a fan of the Ski Slope DSP ... but alas ... mine is all gone! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!