April 7, 2010

Sweet Treat Cups - Not Just for Kids!

I can't believe it's taken this long to share a project using the Sweet Treat Cups! But today I thought I'd do just that. I'm so glad the Sweet Treat cups and matching punch stuck around in our new mini catalogue, they really are fun to use. This is a card I made over the Easter weekend - I don't make a lot of children's cards - so it's nice to use these cups on something a bit more grown up - even when they are still filled with candy!

The sketch and colour combo for this card are mine - the colours are Pacific Point (perfectly matches blue M&M's!) Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry. I haven't used any DP, so this qualifies for the Allsorts 46 Challenge.

The background layer is embossed and brayered with White Craft ink. The frame around the cup is cut with the Circle Scissor Plus.

I love the hot air balloon image - it's from a new set called A Little Treat - and it's my first Clear Mount stamp set! I LOVE the clear mount additions to the catalogue - I am desperately out of space for storing my sets and love that these come in DVD cases. Even better, it's the same red rubber we know and love - no sacrifices in image quality! I have to admit, I have had this set sitting on my desk uninked for a month - that's why you're not seeing it till now - but I'm totally convinced, it's unmounted for me from now on.

I've punched the hole for my cup through every layer on my card. Inside there's this little trap door that opens to get the candy out. I like using these photo anchors to close the trapdoor - I have a bunch of them, and luckily had one in just the right colour!
The inside of this card is really plain - I'll stamp a sentiment when the time comes to use the card.
Here's a more masculine version of a Sweet Treat card - I made this one for Shanan back in February and slipped it into his messenger bag so he'd find it at work. I haven't used a matching stamp set on this one - instead the cup is just sitting in a little frame. I find I like the effect a lot more when I separate the colours of the candy like this....and it means you get to snack on the leftovers as you work!


Stamps: A Little Treat, Polka Dot Background, Best Yet, Cute & Curly
Paper & Card: Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky, Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, White Craft
Punches: Curly Label, Large Oval & 1 3/4" Circle Punches
Other: Circle Scissor Plus, Brayer, Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, Sweet Treat Cup
E-mail me to purchase.

Other:
Jamara Embossing Folder, Oval Nestabilities, Photo Anchor & Brad, Prima Flowers, Pink Rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Sarah! LOVE the fun designs using this set and the yummy goodies inside!

    Have a fun week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combinations! I will be re-thinking purchasing the SU set you used. I didn't think I'd ever use it, but you've changed my mind with your marvelous projects.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!