March 9, 2010

Project Tuesday: Hinged Card

Happy Tuesday everyone! I've been looking forward to sharing my first Project Tuesday creation with you - it's such a fun card style, I hope you'll give it a try.

This week we've made a Hinged Card, rather than opening as usual, your top layer swivels using a brad. Interactive cards like this are so fun for the recipient!

The basic construction of this card is simple - your top layer lies behind the bottom layer and is held in place by a brad, allowing it to swivel. Wendy has a wonderful video on how she creates hinged cards. You can view it here.

I knew I wanted to use Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette on my card - I added Real Red to my combo for some pop. Isn't that ribbon gorgeous? It's only available for the rest of the month in the Summer Mini Catalogue. I've used Soft Summer - perhaps my favourite two-step stamping set, it always looks great.


Here's what my card looks like open. You can see that my oval focal layer is only attached to the top layer of my card - using dimensionals helps it slide over the border layer easily. You can write your message in this space, or do what I did, and also decorate the back of your card.

I just love that eyelet border punch - I haven't used mine a lot, but I think I will from now on. For this back layer I only stamped the top part of the branch image for a pretty, clean look.

I hope you'll play along and create your own hinged card. Make sure to link your creation at Project Tuesday and see what the rest of the design team has come up with!




Stamps: Soft Summer, Circle of Friendship
Paper & Card: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette & Real Red Card.
Parisian Breeze and Candy Lane Designer Paper.
Ink: Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze
Punches: 1" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Large Corner & Eyelet Border Punches
Other: Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon, Piercing Tool & Mat Pack
Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Baja Breeze Corduroy Brad, White Gel Pen, Crop-a-dile
E-mail me to purchase.


Other: Oval Nestabilities

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Sarah! I just love those colors and that bow is stunning. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the soft colour combo. and that beautiful image.. stunning card. And well done on your DT post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL card!!! Love the color combo....very pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh Sarah was a sweet card you created. Love how you decorated the back so pretty too. Might be one of my favourite versions I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I love your card especially the color combination that you used. So rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty Sarah, the colors are so bright and colorful - and I just LOVE that set! Got to get me that!

    Thanks for being a part of the SAS PT DT.

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sarah, your card is to die for. It's just beautiful. All the details just make it perfect. I really look forward to seeing your other PT projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW is right!!! this is so pretty and I love all that you used to make it :) and way to go finishing the back, i was to lazy lol
    welcome to the PT team girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Sarah! Can you please sprinkle some fairy dust ... and share some of that amazing colour sense that you have with me! I would NEVER have thought to put real red with the baja and pink!!!! NEVER!!! But ... it is absolutely stunning! Thanks for the inspiration! I am determined to try something new today and already have a colour combo in my head ... totally inspired by your card! (Not the same ... just using the idea to put a bold colour with two softer ones!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!