March 4, 2010

Fun is Good

Have you ever made something and gone away thinking, "eh, it's ok" but then come back to it with fresh eyes and really liked it? That's how I feel about this card. I made it last night - under the harsh glare of a halogen bulb I just wasn't digging it - but this morning, I love these colours! I've used the first Mojo sketch of the month. I like grouping focal elements like this sometimes, it's a fun look. I'm definitely loving anything with circles right now too! I also kept the Crazy 4 Challenges (which I am) challenge in mind, and used three or more textures on my card. I have the smooth texture of the chipboard, the embossed polka dot texture, the ric rac, the soft feel of the flower petals....it goes on and on.

I had a distinct look I wanted for the flower behind the circle. Folding the flower in half looked weird, so I cut and adhered each petal separately.
I thought this should probably be a birthday card as it seems so bright and cheerful. I wish I had bought the On Your Birthday set sooner - it has to be my most used set so far this year.

I've decided to go back to my original "recipe" style of listing supplies. So from now on, everything I've used will be listed at the end of the blog post - just scroll to find the info you need. I'm also going to add a new category - Marvelous Markers - for those cards where I use multiple markers on one stamp for that cool multi colour look.



Stamps: On Your Birthday
Paper & Card: Rose Red, Green Galore, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Punches: Scallop Edge punch
Other: Basic Small Grommets, Stampin' Write Markers,
Circle Scissor Plus
E-mail me to purchase.


Stamps: Beautiful You - Verve
Paper & Card: Euphoria - Basic Grey
Other: American Crafts Chipboard & Ric Rac, Franchville Brads,
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Prima Flower

5 comments:

  1. Jen del Muro (iheart2stamp.com)March 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

    so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually that colour scheme is striking. Enjoy your visitors this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy card, Sarah! Lots of fun ideas! Have a happy day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!