January 19, 2010

Sparkle Little Butterfly

Today was one of those days that I just had to stamp before I did anything else. I was up late last night finishing a gift project that I can't wait to show you (later today probably) so I think it was leftover creative energy from that!
This card uses Mojo Monday Sketch 122. I kept the layers and embellishments pretty minimal (for me!) because I wanted the beautiful sentiment to shine. The colours are Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky. The papers are from the SU! Notebook pack (retired) and One Heart, One Mind.

I stamped the Verve sentiment in Chocolate Chip, but inked the butterfly with Soft Sky before tracing over it with a 2-way Glue Pen and adding glitter for a bit of sparkle. All the edges are sponged with Soft Sky and a dauber. I have been hoarding that chocolate ribbon forever! The Dew Drops are attached with Mini Glue dots.

I'm off to finish my giftbox project, then I guess I should have breakfast huh? It's a gorgeous day here in Wellington - beautiful blue sky, it's so nice to have the windows open!



P.S. A warm welcome to all my new subscribers! If you would like an email alert when I update my blog, please subscribe using the box just over ------> on the right sidebar. There's also a box to subscribe using your favourite feed reader if you prefer!

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I just love the bold design of the paper you used with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love that sentiment from Verve, one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What set is that stamp in? I must have it! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful - Sarah!!! I love this sentiment too!!! So glad you are stampin' again!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sarah, for posting on my blog. I just ordered the set and wanted to thank you for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!