May 12, 2008

Be Happy

What a busy weekend! It was great to have a weekend full of workshops and stamping, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! After carting around all my supplies I had a big tidy-up today....but didn't quite get to sorting out my "scrap basket". I have a basket where I put all my bits and pieces of card as I work, it's been awfully full lately so I decided to make a card using only card from that basket.

This card measures approx 9.5cm square, it's a lot of fun to make these smaller cards sometimes, you can make those little stamps the focus of the card easily. Here's the step by step:

  • Stamp the circles image from the Sprinkles stamp set on Soft Sky card using Real Red ink.
  • Pierce a border using the mat pack for placement.
  • Stamp the flowers from Fabulous Flowers in Real Red and Apricot Appeal. Cut out.
  • Put a small red Rhinestone Brad through the center of the red flower.
  • Attach the flowers using Snail adhesive and a Dimensional dot for the Red flower.
  • Stamp the sentiment from So Many Sayings (level one hostess set) onto Whisper White card using a Real Red marker to just highlight the phrase you want.
  • Cut this out with the Word Window Punch and attach to the Soft Sky layer using silver brads. Tie a piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon around the layer.
  • Layer the Soft Sky with Real Red then Apricot Appeal card.
  • Stick onto a Soft Sky card base and you're done!


This is a quick and simple card - but don't these colours look great together? My photo is a little off, the ribbon and ink match perfectly in real life. I also wanted to show you how I finished the inside of this card...

It's always nice to tie the inside of your card with the outside, and it's usually as simple as bringing the colours and a stamped image together. It's those little details that make a handmade card so special to the recipient!

Have a fantastic week,
Sarah

Stampin' Supplies:
Fabulous Flowers, Sprinkles and So Many Sayings stamp sets.
Soft Sky, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White and Real Red card.
Apricot Appeal and Real Red ink.
Real Red grosgrain ribbon.
Silver Brads.
Round Fire Rhinestone Brads.
Mat Pack.
Stampin' Dimensionals.
SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!