April 9, 2008

Fun & Fast Birdy



I was on pins and needles this morning, waiting for that bright red courier van to pull into my driveway and bring....my new catalogue purchases! They haven't quite all arrived, but I did get most of my order today.


Before I settle down to the task of finding a home for my new goodies- I just had to make a card with one of my favourite sets from the 2008-2009 Idea Book and Catalogue.


I've loved this little bird stamp since the first time I laid eyes on him, so I inked him up and away I went! Here's the step by step:


  • Stamped the bird image from Fun & Fast Notes in Stazon Ink onto Whisper White card stock.
  • Coloured it in using Rich Regals Watercolour Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to order the crayons, they are amazing and I'll be buying the other sets very, very soon!
  • I punched out the corner piece using the new Photo Corner Punch. It punches out both sizes at once!
  • Pierced around my image and on the corner using the tools in the Crafter's Tool Kit. Don't forget, the piercing mats and template are also available for seperate purchase. I'm using mine a lot lately.
  • After layering my image with Rose Red and Basic Black, I created a background using a stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set in Rose Red ink.
  • Tied some Black Gingham ribbon around my layer, matted it then stuck it all down. I should mention, both the second layer of the corner punch and the bird image are attached using Stampin' Dimensionals for that cool 3D look!
  • I added three black eyelets at the bottom of the card to add a little interest.
Did you notice the slightly different shape of this card? It's taller than it is wider, but opens with a top hinge. This is my favourite card to make lately, and it's so simple - just cut your piece of A4 cardstock in halflengthways and fold in half.

I hope you like this simple card. For any of you I haven't seen at workshops already this month, you can email or call me at any time to order your copy of the beautiful new catalogue. This is just one of the many gorgeous new sets on offer! Or, as always, you can view the online version and just phone me with your order.

I also still have some dates available in April and May for workshops, so please call if you'd like a chance to earn any of our NEW hostess sets for free!


Happy Stampin'!

Stampin' Supplies:
Fun & Fast Notes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp sets.
Rose Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock.
Stazon Black and Rose Red inkpads.
Black Gingham Ribbon.
Crafters Tool Kit or Mat Pack.
Watercolour Wonder Crayons in Rich Regals.
Aquapainter.
Black Eyelets.
All supplies available in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!